Protecting Our Health and Environment
Our climate can’t wait
CAC is a vibrant coalition of a dozen major national environment, environmental justice, and public health groups, working together to drive ambitious, durable federal action based on science, to equitably address the climate crisis. Our goal is to reduce climate pollution and accelerate the transition to clean energy and a sustainable society in ways that support justice, jobs, improved health and quality of life for all.
What we do
CAC supports more than 60 partners and allies nationally and in six key states working together to rally public support to tackle the climate crisis.
CAC is active in nearly all elements of climate advocacy. A top priority is driving a national public narrative focused on the urgency to heed the science and take bold, ambitious action to drive transformational policy designed to protect our health and environment.
CAC‘s DC-based team:
- Convenes the community to find common ground and collaborate on policy priorities
- Brings the power of our groups’ 15 million members directly to decisionmakers on the Hill and in the administration
- Supports confirmation of nominees to key climate oversight positions
- Promotes and bolsters climate champions in Congress
CAC organizers across the country:
- Advocate for federal climate and clean energy legislation, including the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- Educate and mobilize millions of advocates and volunteers
- Build local coalitions
- Generate local media and visibility to keep climate ambition high
- Motivate policy makers to take action
President Biden: We Need Solutions for Pollution
The Solutions for Pollution campaign calls on President Biden to carry out his responsibilities under our nation’s bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Air Act, to cut climate pollution and protect our health and environment. By advancing approximately 20 protections across federal agencies, we could meet the President’s commitment to cut climate pollution in half by 2030, advance vital public health and environmental justice goals, and accelerate the transition to clean energy.